May 17, 2011

i will remember you..

will you remember me?
don't let your life pass you by
weep not for the memories.

this beautiful lady is my grandma donna.
today, she went to heaven.
what started out as breast cancer..
quickly and viciously took over her body,
having no mercy.
she was a fighter until the end.

i'm so incredibly blessed that she was my grandma.
she greatly impacted many lives
but words can't express how greatly she impacted mine.

i made the mistake once of telling her i loved her more..
she quickly made me aware that i should never say that again.

she had the worlds best sense of humor,
always had something witty to say.

my last conversation with my grandma
is something i'll never forget
and i'll always hold dear to my heart.
i had walked in her room, grabbed her hand,
and told her it was me.
her face lit up.
she was with it..
she knew who i was..
i gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek
telling her that i loved her so much.
she then squeezed my hands and said to me
"you are one of the sweetest and most beautiful things
to ever come into my life."
i hugged her again and that was it.
she couldn't have given me a better moment
to remember her with.
i'll miss...
her humor. her stories from long ago.
the love she had for her kids and grandkids
and great-grandkids.
her tuna sandwiches, potato salad,
and pink frosting sugar cookies.
her hugs that were filled with love. her sweet laugh.
jeez.. i could go on forever.
as she always said..
"love you much!"
i will remember you : sarah mclachlan

1 comment:

Kayla said...

shoot..make me cry Kenz....Your grandma seems like a pretty amazing woman. The plan of salvation is amazing huh? :] Hope you're hanging in there pretty girl.